Janice Yip is a senior associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice.
Janice advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions. She also negotiates, drafts and advises on joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements and share purchase agreements as well as all matters of corporate and commercial law.
Janice is admitted in Hong Kong. She speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised an Asian sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of a Hong Kong holding company of prominent office towers located in the central business district of a major Asian city from an Asian multinational conglomerate.
- Advised leading financial institutions in the making of a voluntary conditional cash offer to acquire the entire issued share capital of a leading outdoor advertisement agency in China listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and to cancel all its outstanding options, with an aggregate offer value of approximately HK$3.8 billion.
- Advised a leading motor dealer and distributor listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on privatisation of its subsidiary which is a leading motor dealer and distributor listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by way of a scheme of arrangement. The proposal values the entire issued share capital of the subsidiary at approximately HK$6.9 billion.
- Advised a multinational payment technology corporation on the acquisition of a Hong Kong company which, through a variable interest entity structure, controlled several PRC companies holding an electronic payment licence in the PRC. The total consideration of the transaction is over US$100 million.
- Advised a conglomerate based in Taiwan on the acquisition of a minority interest in a major shareholder of a cement company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange for a consideration of over US$70 million.
- Advised a Hong Kong premium metal coating manufacturer on the disposal of its Hong Kong subsidiaries for a consideration of over RMB 120 million.
- Advised a US aviation consulting corporation on the disposal of its Hong Kong subsidiary for a consideration of over US$3 million.
- Advised a conglomerate based in Taiwan as one of the offerors on the possible voluntary cash general offer to acquire all shares in a cement company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
University of London, Bachelor of Laws
The University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Journalism
- Hong Kong