Cherie Leung is a counsel of Mayer Brown.
Cherie advises individual and institutional clients on private equity transactions and other commercial transactions.
Cherie also advises on property-related litigation (compulsory sale, building appeal, judicial review and other general litigation) and redevelopment projects.
Cherie has experience advising hotel owners and hotel operators in the drafting and negotiation of hotel management agreements and residences agreements.
Cherie speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Private Equity Transactions
- Acted for the joint venture company established by Lee Kum Kee Group and Vanke Group on the acquisition of Corporate Avenue 3 in Shanghai Xintiandi, from Shui On Land, through the acquisition of the share capital in the property holding companies.
- Acted for a listed company to sell a site in Mosque Street, Mid-levels West through the disposal of the shares and shareholders loan in a chain of property holding companies.
- Acted for Nordevo Investments Limited (which is jointly owned by InfraRed NF China Real Estate Fund, L.P. and Metro Holdings Limited) in its disposal of a retail mall in Beijing, by way of sale of a wholly owned subsidiary to Link REIT, marking Link REIT’s first foray into the Chinese retail market.
- Acted for Morgan Stanley Real Estate on the disposal of 80% interest in a mixed used development in Shanghai.
- Acted for LaSalle Investment Management on the disposal of a hotel in Hong Kong.
- Acted for AEW Global in the acquisition and subsequent sale of a mixed use development in Beijing.
- Acted for AEW Global on the disposal of a mixed use building in Hong Kong.
- Advised a key developer in its large-scale mixed use development known as “Shanghai ifc” comprising retail, commercial, office and hotels.
- Acted for various major Hong Kong developers in successful applications for compulsory orders for sale of Caine Road (LDCS 42000/2011), La Salle Road (LDCS 43000/2012) and Kut Cheong Mansion (LDCS 16000/2012).
- Acted in a successful appeal to the Appeal Tribunal (Buildings) against the Building Authority’s disapproval of building plans for a mixed use development in Wanchai, Hong Kong.
Hospitality and Leisure
- Advised hotel owners and hotel operators in the drafting and negotiation of hotel management agreements and residence agreements, the brands include Caesars, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Seasons, Jumeirah, Ozo and Regent.
- Advised various hotel operators in relation to their global templates for hotel management, residences management and other types of agreements.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Business Administration (Law)
- Hong Kong