Volker Junge is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown and heads the German Tax practice. He advises on all aspects of tax law, in particular on structuring, financing and implementation of tax-efficient national and international M&A, private equity and real estate transactions as well as on corporate reorganizations and rehabilitations. He is also experienced in capital markets transactions and innovative financial products. Further, he advises on tax disputes, tax risk insurance products as well as employee and management participation programs.
Volker is qualified as a lawyer and also as a certified tax consultant. He is the author of various tax publications.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2016, Volker worked for several international law firms in Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, New York and London.
- Advised Generac Power Systems, Inc. on the acquisition of the assets of MOTORTECH Holding GmbH & Co. KG.
- Advised Spearhead Integrated Marketing Communication Group on the acquisition of all shares in Smaato Holding AG.
- Advised Star Capital Partners on the sale of Blohm+Voss.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Tesch Group.
- Advised the shareholders on the sale of LED Linear GmbH and its shareholdings in various international joint ventures.
- Advised a private equity fund on the sale of a German cable operator.
- Advised on the sale and lease of a German data center.
- Advised on the acquisition and combination of several strategy consultancy firms.
- Advised a German chemical company on the acquisition of a major business unit.
- Advised on the acquisition of global sales units of a photovoltaics company.
- Advised a German state bank on the acquisition of a significant business unit of former WestLB.
- Advised a textiles producer on the reorganization of its multinational group structure.
- Advised on the sale or acquisition of numerous other companies and also on various real estate transactions and asset deals.
- Advised on national and international corporate reorganizations and rehabilitations.
- Advised lenders and borrowers in relation to financings and debt restructurings.
- Advised banks and issuers on various capital market transactions.
- Advised national and international companies as well as private equity funds on the structuring and implementation of employee and management participation plans.
Tax consultant (Steuerberater), Hessian Chamber of Tax Advisors, 2004
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Neumünster, Kiel, Rendsburg, Schleswig, Sydney, 1996-1997
First State Law Examination
Freiburg im Breisgau, 1995
Universities of Osnabrueck and Freiburg im Breisgau, 1991-1995
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Member of Bar Association of Frankfurt am Main
- Member of Hessian Chamber of Tax Consultants
- Member of German-Australian-Pacific Lawyers Association
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2020 for Tax Law
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2019 for Tax Law
- "Especially recommended business lawyer for 2019 the field of Tax Transactions & Consulting" – Best Lawyer 2019