Financial Services M&A, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Environmental
Michael Hutchinson is a leading lawyer who advises on the environmental and safety aspects of national and international corporate, real estate and finance transactions, focusing on contaminated land and regulatory compliance issues as well as development issues (including the re-development of contaminated land). He provides stand-alone advice on developments in UK and EU environment and safety law and acts for clients from a variety of sectors including chemicals, waste, energy, retail, real estate and banking.
Consistently ranked as a leading individual by the legal directories and highly rated amongst his peer group:
- Band 3: Environment. Michael Hutchinson is a consultant to the environment practice at Mayer Brown and assists clients with a range of matters arising out of projects and transactions. His practice encompasses regulatory compliance advice as well as a range of contentious matters. "He knows his stuff." "Michael is brilliant in advising on environmental matters; he is very detailed, commercial and great to work with." "He has proved to be outstanding on unravelling a very challenging issue with patience and charm." Chamber UK
- Listed in the 'Hall of Fame' and as a key lawyer, 'The [Environment] team also counts on the expertise of Michael Hutchinson, a highly experienced consultant whose has expertise handling the environmental aspects of transactions, providing non-contentious advice, and representing clients in litigation.' Legal 500.
- Listed as a Leading Individual, "Michael Hutchinson is excellent at assisting with the environmental and planning aspects of acquisitions." He "is called upon by clients to advise on the environmental aspects of major corporate and real estate transactions and development projects. He offers expertise in sectors including retail, energy, waste and banking". Sources say: "He is very hands-on and really takes things seriously. He was passionate about our case and was fantastic on the paperwork." Chambers UK;
- The College of Law, Chester
- Durham University
- England and Wales
Participación Profesional y Comunitaria
- European Environmental Law Association
- United Kingdom Environmental Law Association (UKELA)