"Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of Bonds and Structured FinanceJUVE Handbook 2017/2018
Ralf Hesdahl is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Banking & Finance practice. He focuses on securitization, capital markets, and banking. He has intensive experience in advising arrangers, issuers and originators in public and private securitization transactions, as well as on asset-based lending and factoring transactions.
He particularly focuses on German auto loan and auto lease transactions. Ralf served as transaction counsel at the first two TSI transactions Driver One and Driver Two on the securitization of German auto loan receivables and acted as transaction counsel of the first German/Belgian consumer loan securitization (CEB Consumer).
- Acting as transaction counsel at the securitization of Santander Consumer Bank's consumer loans (SC Germany Consumer).
- Acting as transaction counsel for the development of VW Leasing's German Master Trust Program VCL Master S.A. for the securitization of lease receivables and residual values.
- Acting as transaction counsel for Standard Chartered Bank, London as Arranger on the first German/Belgian Consumer Loan Securitization of the Credit Europe Bank N.V. (Frankfurt/Brussels). This transaction was the first true sale securitization of consumer loans under Belgian and German law with the goal to achieve securities which were eligible as collateral by the European Central Bank. The securitization was funded by a SPV under Belgian law for safeguarding the true sale under German and Belgian law (CEB Consumer Finance S.A., SIC Institutionnelle de droit belge).
- Served as transaction counsel at the first two TSI transactions Driver One and Driver Two on the securitization of German auto loan receivables originated by Volkswagen Bank.
- Representing a leading German factoring institute GE Capital Bank AG in factoring transactions.
- Representing permanently leading international investment banks at German asset-based lending transactions.
Doctor's degree (PhD in law, Fiscal Court Procedure Law), University of Gießen, 1992
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Frankfurt am Main, 1988
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Frankfurt am Main, Darmstadt, Kassel, 1985-1988
First State Law Examination
Frankfurt am Main, 1984
University of Gießen
Training program in private banking at a German bank, Frankfurt am Main, 1977–1979
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- "Highly regarded, especially in the Automotive Industry Sector" – IFLR 1000 2020
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of Banking & Finance – JUVE Handbook 2019/2020
- Ralf Hesdahl is well regarded in the market and is best known for his expertise in the securitization field. – Chambers Global 2018 and Chambers Europe 2018
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of Bonds and Structured Finance – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "Smart, skilled and very precise." – IFLR 1000 2018
- "Highly regarded lawyer" in the area of Capital Markets – Structured Finance and Securitization – IFLR 1000 2018
- Ralf Hesdahl is well known in the market for his experience on a range of securitization deals. – Chambers Global 2017 and Chambers Europe 2017
- "very pragmatic and solution-oriented" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "Ralf Hesdahl is appreciated for his work on public and private securitization transactions, as well as on asset-based lending and factoring deals." – Chambers Global 2016 and Chambers Europe 2016
- "Recommended Lawyer" in the area of Structured Finance and Securitization – Legal 500 Deutschland 2016
- "He is a popular choice for securitization transactions." – Chambers Global 2015 and Chambers Europe 2015
- "He has significant experience of handling factoring and ABS deals, with a strong focus on automobile loans and leases." – Chambers Global 2015 and Chambers Europe 2015
- "extremely strong" – Legal 500 Deutschland 2015
- "Recommended Lawyer" in the areas of Structured Finance and Securitization as well as DCM – Legal 500 Deutschland 2015
- "He has extensive experience in advising on private and public securitization transactions." – Chambers Global 2014 and Chambers Europe 2014
- "He is always on top of things." – Chambers Global 2013
- "economic thinking, sensitive to client requests", client – JUVE Handbook 2012/2013
- "Ralf Hesdahl is lauded as ‘a very commercial and hard-working lawyer.’" – Chambers Global 2010