Robert S. Goldberg
Banking & Finance, Latin America & the Caribbean, Power & Utilities
Robert Goldberg advises on domestic and international project finance, M&A, joint ventures and investments and project development transactions of all kinds.
Rob’s practice focuses on the energy and infrastructure sectors, including a strong focus on conventional and renewable power, as well as other infrastructure and energy transition projects. Rob’s clients consist of lenders and investors, sponsors, developers and other participants in a broad variety of debt and equity project finance, including tax equity investments, M&A, joint ventures, project and portfolio acquisitions and sales and project development matters. Rob is also experienced in the restructuring and refinancing of project finance and other debt outside of bankruptcy.
Rob is a co-head of Mayer Brown's Renewable Energy Group and is individually ranked by Chambers USA 2022 for Projects: Renewable and Alternative Energy. Rob has been named to the "Legal Power List 2020 of The 100 Most Influential Lawyers in Global Wind" by A Word About Wind. Rob has also been honored as a "Project Finance Rising Star" by Law360 for his work on various complex project financings.
- Represented Arroyo Energy Investors and certain affiliates on the purchase from affiliates of The Pattern Energy Group LP and Pattern Energy Group Inc. of their renewable energy project portfolio in Chile, including an 81 MW interest in the 115 MW El Arrayan wind farm and all of the equity interest of the 104MW AC Conejo solar project.
- Represented Bank of America, Citigroup, GE Energy Financial Services and Google in a $315 million structured equity investment in Balko Wind, a 300 MW wind farm located in Oklahoma, developed by affiliates of D.E. Shaw Renewable Investments, L.L.C.
- Represented Bank of America, The Bank of New York Mellon and their respective affiliates on an approximately $330 million structured equity investment to finance the 250 MW Palo Duro I wind farm located in Texas and Oklahoma and developed by NextEra Energy Resources.
- Represented Engie, as buyer, on acquisition of the Sun Valley project, a development stage solar project located in Texas.
- Represented Fengate Real Asset Investments on the acquisition of a portfolio of operating solar projects and co-development arrangements for further project acquisition, development and finance.
- Represented Fengate Real Asset Investments on development loan finance and co-development arrangements for a utility-scale wind project in Maine, U.S.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
- Binghamton University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- Nueva York