Alex Davis is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Real Estate practice group. Alex specializes in commercial real estate transactions involving purchase and sale transactions, development-oriented joint ventures and mortgage and mezzanine financing. He regularly represents private equity funds, life insurance companies, and publicly traded real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Alex’s expertise in such transactions extends across a variety of asset classes, including life sciences, multi-family residential, office, retail and hospitality. His clients include private equity funds, national hotel developers, private investment firms, investment banks, life insurance companies, and opportunity funds.
Alex was named an Outstanding Young Lawyer by the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Represented hedge fund lenders in connection with debt and preferred equity financing across a variety of asset classes, including multiple coastal high-rise condominium project financings each in excess of $100 million.
- Represented a major national hotel developer and operator in connection with a complex multi-series, cross-border corporate bond issuance.
- Represented a private investment firm in connection with multiple multi-state sale-leaseback portfolio mortgage and mezzanine financings totaling more than $348 million.
- Represented a life insurance company lender in connection with construction and take-out financing for multi-family housing developments.
- Represented an investment bank lender in connection with a $250 million hotel refinancing.
- Represented an opportunity fund in connection with its acquisition of over 125 gas stations and convenience stores.
- Represented an opportunity fund seller in its $601 million disposition of a net lease portfolio comprised of more than 100 properties located throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Represented an investment bank originating lender of an $970 million CMBS offering comprised of more than 200 real estate assets spanning more than 150 jurisdictions, involving both mortgage and mezzanine loans.
- Represented a private international real estate investor in connection with its acquisition of Class-A office and multi-family developments.
University of California, Irvine, BA, magna cum laude
University of San Diego School of Law, JD
Chief Articles Editor, San Diego Journal of Climate and Energy Law