Alex Davis is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Real Estate practice. Alex represents institutional lenders, private equity funds, life insurance companies, and other domestic and international real estate investors in a variety of real estate transactions, with a focus on mortgage and mezzanine financing, purchase and sale transactions and development-oriented joint ventures.
Alex was named an Outstanding Young Lawyer 2019 by the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Represented hedge fund lenders in connection with debt and preferred equity financing across a variety of asset classes, including multiple coastal high-rise condominium project financings each in excess of $100 million.
- Represented a major national hotel developer and operator in connection with a complex multi-series, cross-border corporate bond issuance.
- Represented a private investment firm in connection with multiple multi-state sale-leaseback portfolio mortgage and mezzanine financings totaling more than $348 million.
- Represented a life insurance company lender in connection with construction and take-out financing for multi-family housing developments.
- Represented an investment bank lender in connection with a $250 million hotel refinancing.
- Represented an opportunity fund in connection with its acquisition of over 125 gas stations and convenience stores.
- Represented an opportunity fund seller in its $601 million disposition of a net lease portfolio comprised of more than 100 properties located throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Represented an investment bank originating lender of an $970 million CMBS offering comprised of more than 200 real estate assets spanning more than 150 jurisdictions, involving both mortgage and mezzanine loans.
- Represented a private international real estate investor in connection with its acquisition of Class-A office and multi-family developments.
University of California, Irvine, BA, magna cum laude
University of San Diego School of Law, JD
Chief Articles Editor, San Diego Journal of Climate and Energy Law
- CRE Finance Council – L.A. Young Professionals Subcommittee Co-Chair