Banking & Finance, Real Estate Finance, Lending
Andrew’s practice focuses primarily on the leveraged and real estate finance markets in which he has a broad experience advising private equity sponsors, corporates, banks and other financial institutions in connection with a wide variety of cross border and domestic financing transactions, acquisitions, restructurings, loan-on-loan financings and general banking matters.
Andrew has extensive experience advising clients on complex capital structures, security and intercreditor issues. He advises clients at all levels of the capital structure with deal experience covering a variety of sectors including, more recently, aviation, financial institutions, mining and metals, residential and commercial real estate, retail, bio-tech and life sciences.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2014, Andrew practised at another leading international law firm and spent six months on secondment in the legal department at Fortis Bank in London.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of, and acquisition financing in relation to, Travel Counsellors, a UK based travel agents network.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on the financing of its acquisition of OAG, the world’s leading provider of flight information, using a unitranche facility provided by two alternative lenders (2017).
- Advised an international toy retailer on its proposed entry into a pari passu ranking €85m revolving credit facility and €250m high yield bond (2015).
- Advised the super senior lenders and security trustee in relation to the restructuring of an acquisition finance facility and high yield bond provided to acquire the Ideal Standard Group (2015).
- Advised Imperial Innovations, an AIM listed biotech and life sciences investment vehicle, on its entry into £80m term loan facilities provided by the European Investment Bank (2015).
- Listed as a key lawyer for Property Finance and Acquisition Finance, "problem-solver" Andrew is adept at handling work in the residential, healthcare, retail and leisure sectors. He "has a strong reputation within the mid-market private equity space." - Legal 500.
- Listed as a Notable practitioner - IFLR1000.
- Recognised as Rising Star by London Super Lawyers.
- University College London (University of London)
- BPP University Law School, GDL
- BPP University Law School, LPC
- England and Wales