"Problem-solver"UK Legal 500 2017
Andrew Crotty is a partner in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office.
Andrew’s practice focuses primarily on the leveraged and real estate finance markets in which he has a broad experience advising private equity sponsors, corporates, banks and other financial institutions in connection with a wide variety of cross border and domestic financing transactions, acquisitions, restructurings, loan-on-loan financings and general banking matters.
Andrew has extensive experience advising clients on complex capital structures, security and intercreditor issues. He advises clients at all levels of the capital structure with deal experience covering a variety of sectors including, more recently, aviation, financial institutions, mining and metals, residential and commercial real estate, retail, bio-tech and life sciences.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2014, Andrew practised at another leading international law firm and spent six months on secondment in the legal department at Fortis Bank in London.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of, and acquisition financing in relation to, Travel Counsellors, a UK based travel agents network.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on the financing of its acquisition of OAG, the world’s leading provider of flight information, using a unitranche facility provided by two alternative lenders (2017).
- Advised an international toy retailer on its proposed entry into a pari passu ranking €85m revolving credit facility and €250m high yield bond (2015).
- Advised the super senior lenders and security trustee in relation to the restructuring of an acquisition finance facility and high yield bond provided to acquire the Ideal Standard Group (2015).
- Advised Imperial Innovations, an AIM listed biotech and life sciences investment vehicle, on its entry into £80m term loan facilities provided by the European Investment Bank (2015).
- Advised the finance parties on the proposed refinancing of a €600m revolving corporate loan facility for a mining company pursuant to a pari passu ranking €300m revolving credit facility and €300m high yield bond issuance (2014).
- Advised B&B Investment Partners on the debt financing for its acquisition of the sports nutrition business PhD Nutrition Limited (2014).
- Advised Budapest Airport on the refinancing of its existing facilities pursuant to a €1 billion senior term facility provided by a syndicate of 15 banks and a €300 million junior term facility provided by a syndicate of 7 junior lenders (2014).
- Advised Bannatyne Fitness Limited (Duncan Bannatyne’s gym business) on its £35m refinancing with the Royal Bank of Scotland plc and an associated ground lease transaction with M&G (2014).
- Advised Intermediate Capital Group plc on a mezzanine facility provided to a catering business (2013).
- Advised on a proposed €400m underwritten refinancing of a Scandinavian healthcare business backed by a leading European private equity fund (2013).
- Advised Pret A Manger (backed by Bridgepoint Advisers) on its £375m syndicated facilities arranged by 7 MLAs to refinance its existing facilities and fund a shareholder distribution (2013).
- Advised Siblu, a caravan park operator in France backed by Bridgepoint Development Capital, on the €80m refinancing of its term facilities (2013).
- Advised Intermediate Capital Group plc on the senior debt financing for its acquisition of (as well as its provision of junior mezzanine funding to) the travel management business ATPI (2012).
Real Estate Finance
- Advised a European investment bank on its entry into a secured €62m Note Issuance Agreement provided to a US PE fund to refinance its acquisition of an Italian real estate fund (2016).
- Advised a US investment bank on the £170m financing of an acquisition of a 74 property healthcare portfolio by a US PE fund (2016).
- Advised a US investment bank on the €85m financing of the acquisition of certain commercial real estate assets located in Holland and Germany by a leading European asset manager (2016).
- Advised the lender on the £70m financing of Cerberus’ acquisition of the Clyde Shopping Centre from Helical Bar (2015).
- Advised a leading US private equity fund on its bid to acquire a portfolio of performing and non-performing UK commercial real estate loans with an aggregate principal balance exceeding £2.5bn (2015).
- Advised a Spanish bank on its acquisition of a portfolio of UK commercial real estate loans with an aggregate principal balance exceeding £150m (2015).
- Advised a US insurer on its participation in the financing of Lone Star’s acquisition of a portfolio of performing and non-performing UK commercial real estate loans with an aggregate principal balance exceeding £2.5bn (2015).
- Advised a US insurer on its participation in the financing of a global investment manager’s acquisition of a portfolio of non-performing German commercial real estate loans with an aggregate principal balance exceeding €770m (2015).
- Advised a US investment bank on the £125m financing of the acquisition of a portfolio of UK commercial real estate loans by a private investment firm (2015).
- Advised a leading US private equity fund on the £250m financing of its acquisition of a portfolio of UK residential real estate assets (2015).
University College London (University of London)
BPP University Law School, GDL
BPP University Law School, LPC
- England and Wales
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' for Property Finance and Acquisition Finance, Andrew is adept at handling work in the residential, healthcare, retail and leisure sectors - Legal 500 2022.
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' and recommended for Property Finance - Legal 500 2021.
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' for Bank lending and Aquisition Finance 'Andrew Crotty has a strong reputation within the mid-market private equity space.' - Legal 500 2020.
- Has been very active advising private equity sponsors. - Legal 500 2018.
- Listed as a Notable practitioner - IFLR1000 2019.
- "Problem-solver" - Legal 500 2017.
- Recognised as Rising Star by London Super Lawyers 2014.