Michelle Annunziata is a partner in Mayer Brown’s New York Office whose practice focuses on financial services litigation, federal securities litigation and other complex commercial matters. Michelle represents issuers, directors and officers, from a variety of industries, in federal securities class actions and in derivative actions in state and federal courts across the country. She represents global financial institutions in a broad range of civil matters, as well as in connection with cross-border internal and government investigations, including DOJ, CFTC, SEC and IRS investigations. Michelle is a member of the Firm’s insurance industry litigation group with experience representing insurers and underwriters in connection with claims investigations and disputes relating to representation and warranty insurance policies. Michelle was named a 2014 "New York Metro Rising Star" in Business Litigation by Super Lawyers.
Michelle joined Mayer Brown's New York office in 2003.
- Represent a global bank in connection with US government investigations regarding alleged IBOR benchmark rate manipulation and related civil litigation.
- Represent a global bank in connection with US government investigations regarding alleged bid rigging in the municipal derivatives market and related civil antitrust litigation.
- Adelphia Recovery Trust v. Bank of America, N.A., et al., US District Court, Southern District of New York: Represented Bank of Montreal (BMO) and its investment banking affiliate in lender liability action arising from the 2002 bankruptcy filing and corporate scandal surrounding Adelphia Communications Corporation. Plaintiff alleged that financial institutions, including BMO, assisted Adelphia’s executives and board members in committing the multi-billion dollar fraud against Adelphia and its shareholders.
- Bank of America, N.A. v. New York Merchants Protective Co., et al., US District Court, Eastern District of New York: Represent Bank of America in action against corporate borrower and guarantors for breach of loan agreement and guaranties.
- Energy Coal, S.p.A., et al. v. Luca Minna, et al., Delaware Court of Chancery: Obtained multi-million dollar default judgment plus award of attorney’s fees for Italian coal companies in suit arising out of their joint venture partners’ alleged misappropriation of joint venture funds.
- Collins & Aikman Corp., et al. v. Stockman, et al., US District Court, District of Delaware: Represented former CEO of Collins & Aikman Corporation in an action brought by the company’s litigation trust. Obtained dismissal of all claims against him, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and unjust enrichment.
- NTRP, et al. v. Holden International Inc., et al., International Centre for Dispute Resolution (“ICDR”), American Arbitration Association: Obtained victory on behalf of clients Holden International Inc. and IEC Holden Inc. in an arbitration conducted before the ICDR. Following a two-week trial, a three-member arbitration panel awarded Holden $11.3 million in contract damages and lost profits.
Fordham University School of Law, JD
University of Notre Dame, BA
- Nueva York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Fordham Moot Court Board