Michelle Annunziata is counsel in Mayer Brown’s New York Office whose practice focuses on complex commercial and financial services litigation. Her experience includes cross-border internal and government investigations, including DOJ, CFTC, SEC and IRS investigations. Her experience also includes numerous contract disputes, lender liability matters, federal securities litigation and international arbitration. She has represented national and multinational corporations in federal and state courts. Michelle was named a 2014 "New York Metro Rising Star" in Business Litigation by Super Lawyers.
Michelle joined Mayer Brown's New York office in 2003.
- Represent a global bank in connection with US government investigations regarding alleged IBOR benchmark rate manipulation and related civil litigation.
- Represent a global bank in connection with US government investigations regarding alleged bid rigging in the municipal derivatives market and related civil antitrust litigation.
- Adelphia Recovery Trust v. Bank of America, N.A., et al., US District Court, Southern District of New York: Represented Bank of Montreal (BMO) and its investment banking affiliate in lender liability action arising from the 2002 bankruptcy filing and corporate scandal surrounding Adelphia Communications Corporation. Plaintiff alleged that financial institutions, including BMO, assisted Adelphia’s executives and board members in committing the multi-billion dollar fraud against Adelphia and its shareholders.
- Bank of America, N.A. v. New York Merchants Protective Co., et al., US District Court, Eastern District of New York: Represent Bank of America in action against corporate borrower and guarantors for breach of loan agreement and guaranties.
- Energy Coal, S.p.A., et al. v. Luca Minna, et al., Delaware Court of Chancery: Obtained multi-million dollar default judgment plus award of attorney’s fees for Italian coal companies in suit arising out of their joint venture partners’ alleged misappropriation of joint venture funds.
- Collins & Aikman Corp., et al. v. Stockman, et al., US District Court, District of Delaware: Represented former CEO of Collins & Aikman Corporation in an action brought by the company’s litigation trust. Obtained dismissal of all claims against him, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and unjust enrichment.
- NTRP, et al. v. Holden International Inc., et al., International Centre for Dispute Resolution (“ICDR”), American Arbitration Association: Obtained victory on behalf of clients Holden International Inc. and IEC Holden Inc. in an arbitration conducted before the ICDR. Following a two-week trial, a three-member arbitration panel awarded Holden $11.3 million in contract damages and lost profits.
Fordham University School of Law, JD, Fordham Urban Law Journal, Fordham Moot Court Board
University of Notre Dame, BA
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Fordham Moot Court Board