Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Africa, Latin America & the Caribbean
Luiz Aboim is an experienced arbitration practitioner with deep connections to the Brazilian and Lusophone markets. He also has experience handling corporate and commercial disputes, particularly in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors.
Luiz has nearly two decades of international arbitration experience. Having started his career in Brazil, Luiz has worked in London and Paris at two leading international law firms for the past 15 years. His practice focuses on Lusophone African and Latin American jurisdictions, such as Angola, Brazil and Mozambique, where he has advised on some of the largest disputes to date. Consistent with his regional focus, most of Luiz’s work is in the oil and gas, mining, power, telecoms and infrastructure sectors.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Emerging Markets, International Arbitration and Oil and Gas - 'Luiz Aboim is a sharp and diligent disputes lawyer, who deeply involves himself in matters. His advice goes beyond the dispute, focusing on the problem’s solution as well as risk avoidance.' Legal 500.
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro Law School (PUC-Rio)
- University of Oxford, MJur
- England and Wales
Participación Profesional y Comunitaria
- Member of the ICC Latin America Group
- Member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration
- He is the rapporteur for Brazil for the permanent Task Force on Recognition and Enforcement of Awards under the New York Convention