The US National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) held its National Summer Meeting from August 12 through August 16, 2023. In a series of articles, members of our Insurance Industry Group provide meeting highlights and their takeaways on what the committees, tasks forces, and working groups discussed and reported on:
- ESG-Related Initiatives: Special (EX) Committee on Race and Insurance, Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force and Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee.
- Financial Condition (E) Committee.
- Financial Stability (E) Task Force and Macroprudential (E) Working Group.
- Innovation Cybersecurity and Technology (H) Committee.
- Investment-Related Initiatives: Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group, Risk-Based Capital Investment Risk and Evaluation (E) Working Group and Valuation of Securities (E) Task Force.
- Privacy Protections (H) Working Group.
- Reinsurance (E) Task Force.
- Risk-Focused Surveillance (E) Working Group.
Please contact any of the authors if you would like to further discuss any of the topics covered in this series.