On July 26, 2023, the Securities and Exchange Commission voted to adopt amendments aimed at enhancing and standardizing disclosures related to cybersecurity risks and incidents. The amendments were first proposed in March 2022 and generated significant comment both as a result of the prescriptive nature of the proposed disclosure requirements, as well as because the proposed amendments addressed a number of board level governance and cyber oversight matters. While the amendments reflect a number of the concerns raised by commenters, the rules still effect a number of important changes for US and foreign private issuers that are SEC registrants.
During this session, the speakers will provide an overview of the amendments and discuss:
- Overview and the new 8-K filing requirement;
- Changes to Regulation S-K and preparing to disclose a registrant’s processes for assessing, identifying, and managing material risks from cybersecurity threats;
- The national security and public safety delay provision;
- Implications for how companies respond to cyber incidents;
- Addressing cyber policies and procedures;
- Board skillsets, oversight and other governance matters.
For more information, please visit the event website.