Due to market structure and regulatory changes, traditional capital-raising path for entrepreneurial companies has evolved. For companies in certain sectors, the firm commitment IPO may no longer be the goal. Successful direct listings have led many to consider this approach as an alternative. But is it an alternative appropriate for a broad array of companies, or best-suited to tech unicorns? During this session, Co-founder and CEO of Amplitude Analytics, Spenser Skates, will share his company’s direct listing experience, and we will also discuss:
- The basics of a direct listing,
- Legal requirements, timing, and costs compared to an IPO,
- The marketing process, market-making, and liquidity,
- The stock exchange rules, and
- Capital-raising in connection with a direct listing.
CLE is not available when viewing a recording of this program. In order to receive credit you must have attended the live webinar program.