Big changes are in store at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) in light of the election and the nomination of Rohit Chopra as the agency’s director. Please join Mayer Brown partners Ori Lev and Stephanie Robinson to discuss the last few months of Kathy Kraninger’s tenure as director, what Acting Director Dave Uejio is doing and what we can expect from Mr. Chopra. Topics include:
- Mr. Chopra’s confirmation hearing
- Enforcement: activity over the past few months and what to expect going forward
- Rulemaking: what rules will the CFPB revisit and what new rules are on the horizon
- Supervision and guidance: what to expect from the agency’s focus on COVID-19-related consumer harm and fair lending
- Innovation: recent developments
Mayer Brown’s Global Financial Markets Initiative helps clients deal with the legal and business challenges resulting from the ongoing turbulence in worldwide financial markets. By mobilizing the firm’s global resources from multiple practices and offices, the initiative provides clients with knowledgeable and timely counsel on a broad spectrum of their legal needs.