Employment tax audits represent a growing area of compliance focus by the Internal Revenue Service. The range of statutory and regulatory frameworks that bear on employment tax matters adds to the complexity of both compliance and audit management. This session will explore several key areas of employment tax controversy, framing the statutory and regulatory architectures and discussing effective audit management. Finally, recent current and proposed statutory and regulatory developments will be highlighted.
- Survey the substantive and procedural background regarding wages, wage withholding, reporting and compliance
- Examine selected employment tax issues from both interpretative and audit management perspectives
- Outline potential interpretative and organizational challenges for in-house tax professionals regarding employment tax matters
- Eli Dicker, Executive Director, Tax Executive Institute
- Paul DiSangro, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Anne Batter, Partner, Baker McKenzie
- Starling Marshall, Partner, Crowell & Moring
2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. EDT
1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. CDT
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. MDT
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. PDT
7:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. BST
8:15 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. CEST
For additional information on the webinar, please contact Tiffany McCormick at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 312 701 8060.
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Field of Study: Taxes
CPE Credits Available: 1 CPE credit based on a 50-minute hour.
Fees: There is no fee for this webinar. To be awarded CPE credit for this session, you must respond to three out of four polling questions asked during the program.
Cancellation – To cancel your registration, please email Tiffany McCormick at email@example.com
Tax Executives Institute, Inc. TEI Education Fund is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
For questions on CPE certificates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow two weeks from the completion of the webinar for certificate delivery before contacting us.