We are pleased to invite you to Mayer Brown’s webinar on Investor-State Mediation: Breaking Down Misconceptions organized as part of virtual Paris Arbitration Week (#PAW2020).
So much has been written about the challenges of the current investor-state dispute settlement (“ISDS”) system and the search for alternatives. A lot has been done on the mediation front from the adoption of the Singapore Convention on Mediation to ICSID proposing to its Member States the first set of institutional mediation rules specifically designed for investor-State disputes. Could Investor-State Mediation become one of the new ways to approach ISDS disputes? Some will agree, but many will remain skeptical given the numerous misconceptions often raised.
On which side are you? Do you think that mediation is a suitable form of resolving investor-state disputes? Join us for an interactive afternoon and engage with our speakers, all ISDS stakeholders familiar with mediation, as they tackle and break down misconceptions about mediation in the ISDS context.
- Anna Joubin-Bret, Secretary of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law and Director ITLD/OLA (Vienna, Austria)
- Ricardo Ampuero Llerena, President of the Special Commission that represents the Peruvian State in International Investment Disputes (Lima, Peru)
- Chiann Bao, Independent Arbitrator, Arbitration Chambers, (Hong Kong)
- Paul-Jean Le Cannu, Senior Counsel, ICSID (Washington DC, USA)
- Natalie Morris-Sharma, Deputy Senior State Counsel with the international law department of Singapore’s Attorney-General’s Chambers
If you have any questions about this webinar, please email the Paris Events team at email@example.com.