Alex is "a very strong lawyer who is good on detail"Legal 500 2017
Alex Wood is counsel in Mayer Brown's London office and a member of the Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency group. She advises on all aspects of restructuring and insolvency matters. She has a particular interest in cross-border issues, insurance insolvency issues, enforcement of security, proprietary claims, office holder document requests and proof and set-off issues.
Alex joined Mayer Brown in 1998.
- Advising ATP Oil & Gas (UK) Limited on its successful $1.2 billion restructuring by way of a company voluntary arrangement, and its sale to Alpha Petroleum (UK) Holdings Limited, including on cross-border aspects
- Advising Berlin-Hannoversche Hypothekenbank AG as senior lender in relation to the enforcement, restructuring and sale of Goldman Sachs‘ UK headquarters at Peterborough Court, including on parallel UK and BVI schemes of arrangement
- Acting for the successful Insolvency Practitioners, striking out claims made against them relating to the sale of a hotel
Re Coniston Hotel (Kent) LLP (in liquidation)  EWHC 1100 (Ch)
- Acting for liquidators of Robin Symes Limited, an antiquities dealership
Phillips & Ors v Symes & Ors  EWHC 2595 (Ch),  BPIR 212,  All ER (D) 170 (Oct)
- Representing Bank of America in a $6 billion claim for fraudulent trading brought by the Liquidators of BCCI
BCCI v Bank of America ChD  All ER (D) 11
The College of Law, Chester
University of Oxford, St John's College
- England and Wales
- Recommended Alex Wood is listed as a 'Next Generation Partner'. She is also listed as a 'key lawyer' under three categories: Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency, Fraud and Insurance Insolvency and Restructuring. Legal 500 2020.
- Ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer, Alex Wood "a very strong lawyer who is good on detail". Legal 500 2017