Grace Wong is an associate in the IP & TMT practice in Mayer Brown’s Hong Kong office. Her practice covers contentious and non-contentious matters, ranging from IP clearance, protection and enforcement, local and foreign trade mark matters, company name hijacking, and IP agreements including licensing, franchise, and collaboration agreements. Grace also advises on data protection matters, including regulatory compliance, privacy risk assessments, and law enforcement requests.
IP Protection and Enforcement
- Acted for a German high-end electronics manufacturer against parallel importers in relation to trade mark and copyright infringement, passing-off and regulatory issues.
- Co-ordinated global copyright enforcement actions for a Hong Kong-based toys distributor relating to infringing packaging and product designs.
- Handled trade mark searches, prosecution, opposition, invalidation and cancellation actions for clients in a wide range of industries, including luxury goods, food and beverage, transportation, real estate, and academic institutions.
- Acted for clients in Customs investigation and enforcement actions against counterfeiting activities and consumer protection offences.
IP & TMT Advisory
- Advised US social media and Chinese e-commerce companies on online platform liability, take-down requests, and regulatory compliance issues relating to the launch of new products.
- Advised a US multimedia production house on IP clearance and regulatory compliance issues in filming in Hong Kong.
- Drafted and assisted in amending IP agreements, including a technology service agreement, license agreement for an apparel franchise, and collaboration agreement for a professional education programme.
- Conducted privacy risk assessments for various business initiatives of a transit operator including ticketing systems and use of CCTV.
- Advised foreign technology companies on powers of law enforcement authorities to compel disclosure of, or obtain direct access to, personal data.
- Advised a Japanese multinational food and beverage corporation on group personal data protection policy, data incident management procedure, data subject request procedure, and recruitment and employee privacy notices.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
First Class Honours
- Hong Kong
- Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong