Areas of Focus
- Counseled clients on compliance with RESPA, particularly with regard to affiliated business arrangements and marketing services agreements.
- Advised clients on state licensing and other compliance requirements for complex and innovative financial services products and services, including mortgage, consumer lending, real estate brokerage, and debt collection products and services.
- Provided training and resources to clients on compliance with laws and guidance related to unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts or practices.
- Conducted regulatory due diligence of compliance management programs in connection with acquisitions of, investments in, and purchases of financial services providers.
- Advised clients on Community Reinvestment Act compliance requirements.
- Assisted in representing a client before the CFPB in a matter involving advertising claims and FCRA compliance.
- Assisted a client in responding to a 1022 order from the CFPB.
- Assisted in representing clients in fair lending matters before HUD and state housing agencies.
- Assisted clients in responding to inquiries from HUD’s Mortgagee Review Board and Quality Assurance Division in connection with the origination and servicing of FHA-insured loans.
- Assisted in representing a client before the SEC in a matter involving financial reporting and controls.
- Assisted clients in responding to inquiries from FINRA related to reviews of trading activity.
RESPA Compliance for Lead Generators: Recent CFPB Guidance Addresses Digital Comparison Shopping PlatformsGlobal Financial Markets Podcast
It’s That Time of the Decade: BE-12 Reports Due for Certain Cross-Border InvestmentsGlobal Financial Markets
McDaniel College, AB, summa cum laude
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, LLB, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia