Jennifer Tam is a senior associate of Mayer Brown. Jennifer advises on all aspects of employment related matters including compliance with the Employment Ordinance, anti-discrimination, and data privacy legislations. Jennifer also handles various employment disputes including breach of employment contract, variation of terms of employment, wages claims, breach of restrictive covenants, and discrimination at workplace. Jennifer speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acted for a number of airlines in resisting claims brought by the pilots and cabin crew for leave payment.
- Acted for a number of airlines in resisting claims brought by the cabin crew for certain employment benefits.
- Acted for a large financial institution in resisting a claim brought by its Deputy CEO for breach of contract.
- Acted for an insurance company in resisting a claim brought by an agent for employment benefits.
- Acted for a number of corporate clients, secondary and tertiary institutions and a medical service provider in defending in resisting claims brought by their former employees for discrimination, harassment and victimization.
- Advised a number of financial institutions and corporate clients in relation to the protection of confidential information and restrictive covenants.
- Advised a number of corporate clients and tertiary institutions in relation to the terms and conditions of employment including variation of those terms and conditions.
- Advised a number of corporate clients and tertiary institutions on issues relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Advised a number of corporate clients and tertiary institutions in their internal investigation of discrimination and harassment complaints and disciplinary matters.
The University of Hong Kong, LLM
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong
- Next Generation Lawyer, Employment (Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2019)
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015)