Jennifer Tam is a partner in the Employment & Benefits practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Jennifer advises on all areas of employment law with an emphasis on contentious employment, discrimination, harassment and data privacy disputes. Jennifer has solid experience in handling high profile and complex employment litigation at various court levels from the Labour Tribunal to the Court of Final Appeal, handling investigations by and complaints to the Labour Department, Equal Opportunities Commission and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data of Hong Kong, advising on internal corporate investigations, disciplinary issues and termination of employment and dealing with trade unions and labour relations issues. On the non-contentious side, Jennifer advises on all HR issues including structuring the labour force, introduction of changes to terms of employment and enforcement of post termination restrictions. Jennifer provides trainings on HR issues. Jennifer is trilingual, she speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acted for a number of airlines in resisting claims brought by the pilots and cabin crew for leave payment.
- Acted for a number of airlines in resisting claims brought by the cabin crew for certain employment benefits.
- Acted for a large financial institution in resisting a claim brought by its Deputy CEO for breach of contract.
- Acted for an insurance company in resisting a claim brought by an agent for employment benefits.
- Acted for a number of corporate clients, secondary and tertiary institutions and a medical service provider in defending in resisting claims brought by their former employees for discrimination, harassment and victimization.
- Advised a number of financial institutions and corporate clients in relation to the protection of confidential information and restrictive covenants.
- Advised a number of corporate clients and tertiary institutions in relation to the terms and conditions of employment including variation of those terms and conditions.
- Advised a number of corporate clients and tertiary institutions on issues relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Advised a number of corporate clients and tertiary institutions in their internal investigation of discrimination and harassment complaints and disciplinary matters.
The University of Hong Kong, LLM
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong
- Next Generation Partner - Employment (Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020)
- Next Generation Lawyer - Employment (Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2019)
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015)