Ana Tobar is an associate in Mayer Brown's Houston office and a member of the Global Energy and Corporate & Securities practices. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, commercial transactions and corporate governance matters.
Ana represents sellers and purchasers in mergers and stock and asset acquisitions throughout the United States and Latin America. Ana has experience advising public and private companies and private equity portfolio companies in multi-state and cross-border transactions.
Ana received her JD from The University of Virginia School of Law and her BA from George Mason University. Ana is admitted to practice in the state of Texas. She is fluent in Spanish and English. She is also proficient in French.
- Represented ArcelorMittal in its acquisition of an 80 percent controlling interest in Voestalpine's state-of-the-art hot briquetted iron (HBI) plant located in Corpus Christi, Texas, with an enterprise value of $1 billion and its long-term offtake agreement to supply HBI to Voestalpine.
- Represented ArcelorMittal in its $2.2 billion acquisition of steelmaker Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém, furthering ArcelorMittal’s strategy to produce low CO2 steel products.
- Represented Caterpillar in the acquisition of Tangent Energy Solutions, Inc., an energy-as-a-service company that offers turnkey solutions for reducing energy costs, increasing energy efficiency and reducing emissions.
- Represented affiliates of Global Diversified Infrastructure Fund (North America) LP in the acquisition of US Signal Company, L.L.C., an industry-leading provider of data center technologies, cloud solutions and managed services.
- Represented Metal One Corporation in its sale to Friedman Industries, Incorporated of real estate, buildings, equipment, inventory, and other assets of Plateplus Inc.’s East Chicago, Indiana and Granite City, Illinois facilities, in addition to the steel inventory at Plateplus’ Loudon, Tennessee and Houston, Texas facilities.
- Represented GWG Holdings, Inc. and GWG Life, LLC, as debtors and borrowers, in a $65 million superiority secured debtor-in-possession credit facility, with Chapford SMA Partnership, L.P., as lender, administrative agent and collateral agent.
- Represented a provider of customized midstream services to oil and natural gas producers in the acquisition of a crude storage business in North Dakota.
George Mason University, BA, summa cum laude
University of Virginia School of Law, JD