Michael Serafini concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling and representation. He represents purchasers and sellers in connection with stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures and similar transactions. Leveraging his experience as an active M&A practitioner, he also has significant experience representing underwriters in issuing representation and warranty insurance. Michael also represents a variety of clients in connection with complex public-private partnerships in the infrastructure sector. His experience spans a number of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, aerospace, food, real estate and affordable housing.
Michael joined Mayer Brown in 2005, leaving the firm in 2011. He returned to Mayer Brown in 2016.
- Represented Packaging Corporation of America in several complex acquisitions and other corporate matters.
- Represented Carrington Capital Management in numerous strategic acquisitions and divestitures, including as a stalking horse bidder in its acquisition of the mortgage loan servicing business of New Century Financial Corporation.
- Represented Metal One in its acquisition of Cargill’s US metals business.
- Represented MFA Financial, Inc. in connection with its preferred and minority common equity investments in a fix and flip and single family rental mortgage loan originator.
- Represented The Public Sector Pension Investment Board in connection with its equity investment in Aerostar Airport Holdings LLC, which is the operator of the Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Represented Carlyle Infrastructure Partners in the divestiture of a portfolio company.
- Represented Engs Commercial Finance, one of the United States’ oldest and largest independent commercial finance companies, in its acquisition of Connext Financial, Ltd., a leading lender in industrial equipment finance.
- Represented Ocwen Financial in its acquisition of the HomEq mortgage servicing business from Barclays.
- Represented a Cargill affiliate in a strategic equity investment in an Argentine company.
- Represented Caterpillar, Inc. in its acquisition of Bucyrus International, Inc.
- Represented United Airlines in several corporate and commercial transactions.
- Represented NAVTEQ in the acquisition of a German technology company and in several other cross-border commercial transactions.
- Represented Illinois Tool Works in its acquisition of CFC International via a public merger.
- Represented Illinois Tool Works in its acquisition of Click Commerce via a cash tender offer and second step merger.
- Represented Whirlpool Corporation in several complex divestitures and commercial transactions involving supply, distribution, license and other commercial agreements.
University of Dayton, BS
University of Michigan Law School, JD