Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Construction & Engineering, International Arbitration, Africa
Kwadwo Sarkodie has over 20 years' dispute resolution experience, serving clients in the construction industry and beyond.
Internationally, Kwadwo advises on complex and high-value construction and engineering arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA, and UNCITRAL rules. His experience on major projects and high-stakes disputes spans Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and India. Kwadwo also sits as arbitrator in international proceedings. Kwadwo co-heads Mayer Brown's Africa practice, and regularly speaks and writes on dispute resolution and arbitration in Sub-Saharan Africa. He authors the chapter, updated yearly, on Sub-Saharan Africa in the Lexis-Nexis/Matthew Bender book "International Commercial Arbitration Practice: 21st Century Perspectives".
- On an ongoing series of ICC arbitrations in connection with the design and construction of a major maritime project in Central America.
- A contractor on high value arbitration proceedings in relation to an infrastructure project in UAE.
- A Ghanaian higher education institution on multi-jurisdiction arbitration and litigation proceedings concerning a concession agreement.
- An African government in relation to proceedings before the English Commercial Court concerning high value claims arising out of a fuel supply contract.
- A Tanzanian contractor in relation to an ICC arbitration, followed by successful multi-jurisdiction enforcement proceedings, arising out of a major power distribution project.
- Band 3 Construction: International Arbitration. Chambers UK
- “Kwadwo Sarkodie has substantial experience representing clients in construction-related international arbitrations, including disputes over claims for defective works, loss and expense, final accounts and extension of time. He regularly advises major contractors, sponsors and consultants in both domestic and cross-jurisdictional matters.” - Chambers UK
- "He's very knowledgeable and an eloquent speaker." - Chambers UK
- Listed as a Leading Individual and Next Generation Partner for Construction and a key lawyer for Construction and International Arbitration by Legal 500.
- "He is dedicated, attentive to details, proactive and diligent." - Chambers UK
- “Kwadwo Sarkodie has been an invaluable support and has great clarity of thought and legal precision.” - Legal 500
- Nottingham Law School, LPC
- University of Birmingham, LLB, Law and Politics
- England and Wales