Banking & Finance
Priscilla is a partner in the São Paulo office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados' Banking & Finance practice. She concentrates her practice on Brazilian banking and capital markets law. She also has also particular experience in asset management, especially regulatory aspects related to Brazilian investment funds. Recent experience has concentrated on banking, particularly on advising foreign financial institutions that intend to establish subsidiaries in Brazil or acquire regulated entities in Brazil.
Represented an investment and advisory company and other investors in the incorporation of a non-standardized credit right investment fund, denominated Rio Tibagi – Fundo de Investimento em Direitos Creditórios Não-Padronizados, and in the raising of funds for the acquisition of a portfolio of distressed receivables of approximately US$540 million.
Advised a very well-known UK financial group on the establishment of an investment bank in Brazil. The assistance related to several banking regulatory, corporate and tax aspects, including, among other things, assistance (i) with the procedures with the Central Bank of Brazil for the incorporation of the investment bank; and (ii) in the incorporation of an entity that was used for hiring personnel and acquiring the relevant assets for the investment bank in Brazil.
Advised a leading Portuguese bank on the acquisition of a Brazilian brokerage company (owner of one of the biggest home brokers in Brazil).
Advised a consortium headed by a very well-known UK financial group (and comprised by tow of the biggest financial groups in Netherlands and Spain) on the acquisition of a financial institution in Netherlands. This transaction is considered to be the biggest acquisition in the banking sector (approximately €72 billion).
- "I recommend the work of partner Priscilla Santos. She is particularly experienced in regulatory matters.” – Ranked as Recommend Lawyer for Banking and Finance in The Legal 500 – Latin America, 2023
- Up-and-coming Priscilla Santos joins the rankings this year due to her work advising clients on regulatory banking issues. She is also knowledgeable about investment funds."She is outstanding, proactive and always available, with a strong ability to understand the client's needs and propose adjustments in an appropriate way." and "She was a welcome help in a situation of high complexity." – Ranked as Up and Coming for Banking & Finance: Regulatory - Brazil in Chambers Brazil, 2022 and Chambers Global, 2023
- Recognized as one of the most admired women lawyers in Brazil for Expertise: Financial Transactions and Economic Sector: Technology in Análise Advocacia Mulher, 2023
- Recognized as Rising Star for Banking and Finance in IFRL 1000, 2022.
- Universidade de São Paulo, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)