Kristin Silverman is a partner is Mayer Brown's Chicago office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. She is an experienced litigator focusing on complex, high-stakes litigation, including consumer protection, antitrust, employment, and other commercial matters. Those matters include multiple class actions in state and federal court. Kristin has also represented various clients in connection with sensitive investigations and litigation pursued by state attorneys general.
Additionally, Kristin has conducted internal investigations involving a range of allegations, including alleged kickbacks, False Claims Act violations, discrimination, and retaliation. She has also successfully handled appeals in federal and state appellate courts across the country.
Kristin’s pro bono work has focused on public policy litigation involving various constitutional challenges, including relating to religious freedom and privacy.
- Defended a multinational corporation in antitrust lawsuits and investigations involving allegations of market collusion. After obtaining full dismissal of a federal putative class action and obtaining partial summary judgment in litigation filed by state attorney general, resolved the remaining claims on favorable terms.
- Defended a global asset management firm in federal litigation involving misappropriation of trade secrets and related breach of contract and fraud claims. Obtained dismissal on a motion for summary judgment.
- Represented a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider and one of its executives in two lawsuits involving restrictive covenant, tortious interference, discrimination, and retaliation claims. After obtaining dismissal of nearly all claims against clients, the case settled on favorable terms.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical company in connection with consumer fraud allegations filed by state attorney general arising out of the sale and marketing of the company’s surgical implant products. After successfully narrowing the claims prior to trial, the case settled on favorable terms.
- Defended an organization that oversees statewide interscholastic activities in connection with a series of lawsuits related to a high-profile investigation of rules violations by a football program. Obtained dismissal of all claims and obtained decision on appeal affirming the dismissal of claims.
- Defended a large law firm in dispute in arbitration with former partners relating to separation. Obtained favorable arbitration award.
- Defended a real estate investment management firm in arbitration involving breach of contract claims that resolved following evidentiary hearing.
- Defended a financial services corporation in connection with ongoing consumer protection claims brought by state attorney general.
- Defended a construction company in an ongoing class action involving wage and hour claims.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, JD, with high honors
Order of the Coif
Northwestern University, BS, cum laude