Gustavo Scheffer da Silveira is a counsel in the Arbitration practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados, in the São Paulo office.
Gustavo has a doctor’s degree in private international law and international commercial law from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas. Prior to joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, Gustavo worked for the Secretariat of the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC, where he worked as Deputy Counsel in the Latin-American team, based in Paris, and as Counsel responsible for the São Paulo office of the ICC’s Secretariat of the Court. Over the course of his activity with the ICC, Gustavo managed hundreds of cases and reviewed a great number of arbitration awards relating to various jurisdictions and economic sectors. These activities provide Gustavo with a singular experience in the domestic and international arbitration sector.
- Represents clients in the construction and energy sectors, in domestic and international arbitrations under the ICC and CAM-CIESP/FIESP arbitration rules.
UniCuritiba, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, PhD, Private International Law and International Commercial Law
University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Master I, Private International Law and International Commercial Law
University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Private International Law
- Director of the Brazilian Institute for Construction Law - IBDiC, Brazil
- Member of the Study group on “International Arbitration and Construction” of the French Arbitration Committee - CFA, France
- Member of the ICC’s Latin-American Arbitration Group
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee - CBAr, Brazil