Caio Uliana is an associate in the Energy and M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office.
His practice is focused on advising domestic and foreign companies in the energy and natural gas industry, with expertise in generation, transmission and distribution of energy and upstream and midstream of natural gas.
Caio has experience in mergers and acquisitions in the energy sector, acting in the coordination and participation of due diligence processes, as well as in the analysis and drafting of commercial contracts, EPC contracts and other typical contracts of the energy industry.
Caio also acts in administrative demands before governmental entities and regulatory consultancy, advising several companies in the industry, both domestic and foreign, in the participation of auctions and drafting of regulated contracts.
Caio was an intern at Tauil & Chequer Advogados from January 2020 to December 2021. Previously, he was an intern in the Corporate Litigation practice of a well-known Brazilian law firm.
- Represented foreign energy company (Ceiba Energy) in the acquisition of two thermoelectric plants from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras), in the amount of BRL 304 million.
- Represented a leading Brazilian energy company (Energisa S.A.) in the takeover of Gemini Energy, in the amount of BRL 822.5 million.
- Represented foreign company (Atlas Renewable Energy) in its first investment in the wind power sector in Brazil.
- Represented a Canadian institutional investor in the privatization auction of Companhia Estadual de Transmissão de Energia Elétrica - CEEE-T which holds electricity transmission assets in the State of Rio Grande do Sul.
- Represented a development bank (Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social - BNDES) in the privatization modeling of Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. - Eletrobras.
- Represented a foreign company (Karpowership) in the qualification process for the Simplified Auction and in all the procedures related to the implementation of the first powership project in Brazil.
- Represented an important Brazilian energy company in the takeover of the company that owns one of the biggest hydroelectric power plants in Brazil through a capital contribution.
Pontifical Catholic University, Bachelor in Law
- Member, Brazilian Hydrogen Association – HBH2.
- Member, Brazilian Institute of Studies on Energy Law – IBDE.
- Member, Association of International Energy Negotiators (Hydrogen and Carbon Capture and Store taskforce).