Victor Rodrigues is an associate in the Environmental practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. Victor has experience advising clients from different sectors of the industry, such as oil and gas, energy, agribusiness, mining and chemicals. His expertise encompass preventive consultancy, including environmental licensing, management of contaminated sites and risk assessment, and litigation, including administrative and judicial proceedings. He also has experience advising clients in matters related to carbon credits issuance and trading, as well as in matters involving negotiation with traditional communities.
- Advised major multinational Norwegian mining company regarding negotiations with indigenous people and quilombolas communities in the state of Pará within the environmental licensing proceeding.
- Advised several carbon credit project developers and companies interested in purchasing carbon credits within risk analysis and feasibility of projects from the legal standpoint.
- Advised major multinational American agribusiness company developing preventive environmental and social criteria for dealing with traditional communities within its operations.
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Pós-Graduando em Direito Ambiental (lato sensu), 2022-2023
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Latin American Climate Lawyers Initiative for Mobilizing Action - LACLIMA