Ingrid Pistili is a senior associate of the Banking & Finance group of Mayer Brown’s New York office. She was previously an associate of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, based in the São Paulo office.
She has a wide-ranging expertise in banking, corporate and commercial laws. Ingrid represents financial institutions, multilateral organizations, equity sponsors, private equity houses and corporate clients on cross-border financing transactions, banking regulatory and related matters, including trade finance, project finance, corporate finance, acquisition financings, fund financing and out-of-court debt restructurings.
Ingrid is also a member of the Mayer Brown Latin American Group, having extensive experience on cross-border Latin America financing transactions acting especially for financial institutions in syndicated finance deals.
Ingrid joined the firm in 2014 as an intern. Previously, from 2011 to 2013, Ingrid was a trainee in Malheiros Filho, Meggiolaro e Prado Advogados, and from 2013 to 2014, she was a trainee in Machado Associados – Advogados e Consultores.
Some recent examples of Ingrid’s representations and experience include the following (calendar year of 2019 – 2023):
- Assigned a secondment for 7 months at Credit Suisse New York, acting as counsel in the general counsel division within the asset recovery unit team.
- Advised Goldman Sachs in connection with an investment in the total amount of R$400mm in a credit right investment fund (FIDC), established by Goldman Sachs together with one of Mercado Livre’s entities in Brazil. Goldman Sachs has acquired senior quotas of the FIDC while an investment fund of Mercado Livre has acquired its subordinated quotas. The FIDC will acquire credit rights arising from loans originated in MercadoPago.com Representações Ltda. Platform in Brazil.
- Advised KPG, an Brazilian exploration and production (E&P) company controlled by Karoon Energy Ltd, a global oil and gas exploration company based in Australia, in connection with a Reserve Base Lending (RBL) transaction entered with ING Bank N.V. - with an ongoing process of syndication - for the purposes of the acquisition and development of certain oil concession and associated contracts and other related assets from Petrobras with respect to Baúna Field. Reserve based lending is emerging as a promising new market in Brazil for financing the acquisition, development and operation of oil & gas assets.
- Advised ABC Brasil, Santander Brasil, BTG Pactual and Crédit Agricóle in connection with R$600 mm out-of-court debt restructuring of Concessionária Move São Paulo S.A., the concessionaire of the Line 6 of the São Paulo subway, controlled by groups Queiroz Galvão, Odebrecht and UTC. The restructuring was implemented in the context of the acquisition by Acciona group of the rights to build and operate one of the São Paulo metro lines from the former concessionaire - Concessionária Linha Universidade.
- Advised Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A. in a subscription line financings for the invested entities of Vinci Capital Partners Fund III and Patria Infrastructure Fund IV, L.P. These are the first subscription financings to be performed in Brazil.
- Advised Goldman Sachs in connection with an investment in the total amount of R$500mm in a credit right investment fund (FIDC), established by Goldman Sachs together with two of the largest credit fintechs in Brazil (Rebel Tecnologia e Correspondente Bancário Ltda. and Geru Tecnologia e Serviços S.A.). Goldman Sachs has acquired senior quotas of the FIDC while an investment fund of the above mentioned companies acquired its subordinated quotas. The FIDC will acquire credit rights arising from loans originated in Geru/Rebel platforms in Brazil.
- Advised Goldman Sachs in connection with a financing granted to Nu BN Servicios México, S.A., DE C.,V., in the total amount of MXP 492,210,000.00, which was guaranteed by Nu Holdings Ltd. and Nu Pagamentos S.A. NuBank company was one of the first fintechs incorporate in Brazil and, nowadays, one of the largest fintech groups in Brazil.
- Advised Hub Fintech in several legal opinions related to its payment business in Brazil (in the capacity of payment institution regulated by the Central Bank).
- Advised Bank of China on certain tax and banking regulatory aspects involved in the potential transaction structured by Banco da China (Brasil) S.A. in which Bank of China, Cayman Branch would fund Bank of China Brazil for the purposes of providing a facility to its Brazilian customer/borrower under a drawdown request by means of the issuance of export credit notes or any other modality of banking credit instrument available in Brazil
- Advised Infinox Capital in relation to relevant Brazilian laws and regulations issued by the Central Bank applicable to a potential transaction involving a payment solution to be offered to Infinox customers in Brazil.
- Coordinated the issuance of surety letters by BTG Pactual to guarantee long-term financing to be provided by Banco do Nordeste do Brasil for the construction of a micro-generation power project which is being developed by Sagarana and Consórcio Sagarana in the state of Minas Gerais.
- Advised Kinea, a company from Itaú group, in the subscription of a USD92 million infrastructure debentures (Brazilian law project bonds), in accordance with CVM regulation 476 and with the benefits of Law 12,431, regarding a transmission line project.
- Advised, as Brazilian counsel, Votorantim, Citibank, ABC Brasil and Caixa Geral Brasil in connection with the issuance of export credit notes by Aeris.
Duke University, LLM
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Especialista em Direito Econômico
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/SP, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)