Bob Palmer is a partner in the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office.
Bob is an accomplished lawyer with more than 30 years' experience in the oil and gas industry. He joined Mayer Brown in 2019 from another international law firm.
Bob’s practice is focused on advising on M&A and projects in the international up and midstream space. He acts for clients across the globe, including well-known oil, gas and energy companies, mid-caps and start-ups, as well as service companies, banks and government companies. He also advises on oil and gas-related disputes.
Examples of experience:
- UKCS – European IOC on acquisition of operated interest in major new offshore development
- Middle East – European IOC on acquiring interests in new offshore gas concession in Abu Dhabi.
- Africa – farm-ins and projects for a number of companies in many different countries
- Russia – European IOCs investing in large oil & gas developments and companies
- South America – different companies buying into and selling oil & gas interests in across the continent, including in Trinidad & Tobago, Nicaragua, Colombia and Venezuela
- Global – advising an service company on an alliance with a PE-funded exploration company, including a synthetic equity remuneration model
- England and Wales