Andrew Noreuil is a transactional lawyer and corporate adviser whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters. He represents buyers and sellers in connection with mergers, tender and exchange offers, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, private investments in public equity, joint ventures, strategic alliances and minority investments. He also represents companies in connection with corporate governance and defensive measures, including shareholder rights plans and shareholder activism matters. Andrew is the head of Mayer Brown's Roll-Up Transactions practice.
Andrew has represented:
- Prologis, Inc. in its acquisition of Industrial Property Trust Inc. (pending) and merger with DCT Industrial Trust Inc.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Oaktree Capital Group, LLC in the acquisition of a 62% interest of Oaktree Capital Management by Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
- Sparton Corporation in its acquisition by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. and its announced acquisition by Ultra Electronics Holdings plc.
- The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. in its acquisition of The Navigators Group, Inc.
- SCANA Corporation in its merger with Dominion Energy, Inc.
- Kuraray Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of Calgon Carbon Corporation.
- TransCanada Corporation in its acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc., and in the divestiture of its US Northeast Power business to affiliates of LS Power Equity Advisors and ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- The Dow Chemical Company in its sale of the AgroFresh business to Boulevard Acquisition Corp.
- Packaging Corporation of America in its acquisition of Boise Inc.
- Värde Partners, Inc. and its affiliated investment funds in the acquisition of FirstCity Financial Corporation, the acquisition of Deephaven Mortgage LLC and the acquisition of Trimont Global Real Estate Advisors, LLC.
- Guggenheim Partners, LLC in its acquisition of EquiTrust Life Insurance Company from FBL Financial Group, Inc.
- ACE Limited in its acquisition of Penn Millers Holding Corporation and its acquisition of Rain and Hail Insurance Service, Inc.
- Capital One Financial Corporation in its acquisition of ING Direct from ING Groep N.V.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. in the sale of the company to MidOcean Partners III, L.P. and affiliated investment funds.
- Caterpillar Inc. in its acquisition of Bucyrus International, Inc. and the subsequent sales of former Bucyrus sales, service and support businesses.
- P4 Holdings, LP in its sale of Healthcare Solutions Holding, LLC to Cardinal Health, Inc.
- OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. in the sale of its personal lines business to Tower Group, Inc., and the sale of its AutoOne business to Interboro Holdings, Inc.
- iPCS, Inc. in its acquisition by Sprint Nextel Corporation.
- Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. in its merger with Bank of America Corporation.
- The Dow Chemical Company in its acquisition of Rohm and Haas Company.
- Bunge Limited in its announced merger with Corn Products International, Inc.
- Biogen Idec Inc. in its auction of the company and subsequent proxy contest with affiliates of Carl Icahn.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, as a member of a consortium with Banco Santander Central Hispano, S.A., and Fortis Bank SA/NV, in the acquisition of ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
- IPVG Corp. and AO Capital Partners in their unsolicited offer to acquire PeopleSupport, Inc.
- Siemens AG in its acquisition of CTI Molecular Imaging, Inc.
- CIT Group Inc. in its acquisition of Education Lending Group, Inc.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority in its investment in preferred equity of Citigroup Inc.
- Mizuho Financial Group Inc. in its investment in preferred equity of Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- The Thomson Corporation in its sale of the Thomson Learning business and the Nelson Canada business to Apax Partners and OMERS Capital Partners and its sale of the Thomson Media business to Investcorp.
- Cadbury Schweppes plc in its acquisition of the Adams confectionery business of Pfizer Inc.
- New England Sports Ventures, LLC in its acquisition of the Boston Red Sox, New England Sports Network and Fenway Park.
- John W. Henry in his sale of the Florida Marlins to Jeffrey Loria.
- IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. in its establishment of a US credit default swap clearinghouse with nine member banks.
- Tata Tea Ltd. in its acquisition of a 30 percent stake in Energy Brands Inc.
- Continental AG in its acquisition of the automotive electronics business of Motorola, Inc.
- ABB Ltd. in the sale of its upstream oil, gas and petrochemicals business to a private equity consortium of Candover Partners Ltd., 3i Group Plc and JP Morgan Partners LLC.
- Novartis AG in its acquisition of the over-the-counter brand portfolio of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
- Citigroup Inc. in its sale of Citigroup Electronic Financial Services, Inc., to J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Bonten Media Group Inc., a portfolio company of Diamond Castle Holdings, LLC, in its acquisition of the Bluestone Television Station Group from Providence Equity Partners and its announced acquisition of WTVF-TV Nashville, Tennessee from Landmark Communications (terminated).
- NBC Universal Inc. in its sale of four owned and operated television stations to Media General, Inc.
- Arnhold & S. Bleichroeder Holdings, Inc. in its sale of a minority ownership stake to TA Associates Inc.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated in its acquisition of The Advest Group, Inc., from AXA Financial, Inc.
- Seix Investment Advisors Inc. in its sale to SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- The Votorantim Group in its acquisition from Lafarge S.A. of the Blue Circle cement assets located in the Great Lakes region of the United States.
- The Wiremold Company in its sale to Legrand SA.
- Dycom Industries, Inc. in its acquisition of Prince Telecom Holdings, Inc.
Fordham University School of Law, JD, cum laude
Illinois Wesleyan University, BA, magna cum laude
- New York