Johnson Ng is a senior associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. He has extensive experience in commercial litigation, international arbitration, banking disputes, shareholders and partnership disputes, tenancy disputes, defamation litigation, cryptocurrency related dispute, and bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings. Clients that he advises include banks, major local and multinational corporations, gaming entities, landlords, statutory bodies and individual clients.
Johnson is a solicitor-advocate who has been granted Higher Rights of Audience (HRA) in respect of civil proceedings in both Hong Kong and England & Wales. He is also an accredited general mediator (HKMAAL).
Johnson speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acting for gaming entities (from Macau, Singapore and the US) in various gaming-related litigations, including enforcing credit agreements, obtaining ex-parte Mareva injunctions, resisting an asset tracing claim, and registering and enforcing foreign judgments in Hong Kong.
- Acting for a major multinational corporation and its founder in an HKIAC administered arbitration concerning a multi-million US dollars cryptocurrency mining equipment dispute with its supplier.
- Acting for local and foreign clients in shareholders’ disputes and partnership disputes.
- Acting for individuals and major institutional clients in various defamation actions (both prosecuting and defending).
- Acting for major landlords and a statutory body in tenancy disputes, including successfully obtaining judgments and orders and subsequent enforcement proceedings.
- Acting for major banks in enforcing its securities and rights (including mortgagee actions), and successfully obtaining judgments and recovering the debts from debtors through enforcement of judgments.
- Acting for major banks and gaming entities in bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, BSS, Govt & Laws
- Hong Kong
- England and Wales
- England & Wales Higher Rights of Audience (Civil Advocacy)
- Hong Kong Higher Rights of Audience (Civil Proceedings)
- Accredited General Mediator, Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL)
- Panel Member, Hong Kong Mediation Centre