David McKellar serves as the firm's Deputy General Counsel for Asia, focusing on professional indemnity, professional ethics, loss prevention and risk issues and compliance. Earlier in his career, David gained experience on general commercial, professional negligence, securities, employment and construction litigation, and personal and corporate insolvency.
David is also a qualified mediator and has acted as a provisional liquidator.
University of London, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- Approved Mediator, Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association
- Honorary Secretary to Royal Asiatic Society, HK Branch
- Member of local Mutual Aid Committee
- Former Honorary Legal Advisor to HK Automobile Association and Motors Sports Council
- Occasional Visiting Tutopr on City University PCLL Advocacy course
- Former Visiting Lecturer and Tutor in Law, University of Monash / HKU MPA Programme
- Former Visiting Lecturer in Law, HK Polytechnic University
- Former Moot Court Judge, University of Hong Kong Former Research Assistant, City University of Hong Kong
- Former Research Assistant, Faculty of Law ( Department of Law and Professional Legal Education ) and Department of Real Estate and Construction, University of Hong Kong
- Former Executive Committee member and Co-ordinator of HK Environmental Law Association and Chairman of the Waste, Water and Maritime sub-committee(s)