Giampaolo Riccio Marzulli is an associate in the tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, based in the São Paulo office. Giampaolo concentrates his practice in tax consulting, advising large national and international companies, mainly in connection with mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment and capital markets. He assists Brazilian and foreign companies operating in different sectors of the market, such as consumer goods, industrial goods and services, energy (oil and gas), pharmaceuticals, hotels and resorts, infrastructure, media and entertainment, financial and banking services, technology (telecommunications) and retail, real estate and health.
Previously, Giampaolo worked in the offices of BMA - Barbosa, Mussnich and Aragão, as well as Machado, Meyer, Sendacz and Ópice and Machado Associados, being part of the tax advisory teams on tax rights and specialized in federal administrative litigation.
- Tax consultancy in several corporate reorganization transactions
- Tax advice in M&A, IPO, OPA, Greenfield, and Brownfield transactions (including due diligence)
- Assisting in administrative tax litigation at the federal level
- Advising foreign and domestic companies regarding tax issues in connection with their business activities in Brazil, especially in relation to corporate taxes
University of São Paulo (USP), Post-graduate in Tax Law
University Presbyterian Mackenzie, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Effective Member of the Corporate Taxation Commission at IBRADEMP (Brazilian Institute of Corporate Law)