Allan MacQuarrie is counsel in Mayer Brown's Charlotte office and a member of the Real Estate Markets practice. He represents institutional lenders, financial institutions, insurance companies and servicers in a variety of commercial real estate financing transactions, including repurchase and warehouse facilities, loan originations, note purchases, loan sales and workouts, and other transactional lending work.
Before practicing law, Allan was an analyst for a corporate and investment bank in the real estate finance group.
- Counsel to various financial institutions in their role as buyer of commercial real estate assets under commercial mortgage loan repurchase facilities.
- Counsel to an insurance company in connection with the purchase of 7 tranches of notes in connection with a $260 million mortgage loan secured by a portfolio of multifamily properties.
- Counsel to a financial institution in the origination of a $25 million mortgage loan secured by 85 single- family residential properties located in 24 states.
- Counsel to a financial institution as special servicer in the workout of two $700 million mortgage loans secured by a portfolio of retail mall properties.
- Counsel to a financial institution in connection with the acquisition of a loan portfolio consisting of hundreds of commercial real estate loans.
- Counsel to the administrative agent and the lead arranger for a $1.15 billion syndicated credit facility provided to a publicly traded real estate investment trust.
- Counsel to the security trustee, administrative agent and account bank for a $750 million aircraft warehouse credit facility.
- Counsel to the administrative agent and a joint lead arranger for a $500 million unsecured revolving credit facility provided to a national pizza chain.
- Counsel to the administrative agent and the lead arranger for a $110 million senior secured credit facility provided to a telecommunications and energy company and 36 of its domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
- Counsel to the administrative agent and the lead arranger for a $77.5 million syndicated credit facility provided to a regional food and beverage company.
Columbia University, BA
Notre Dame Law School, JD, summa cum laude
- North Carolina