Ryan W. Lifland
Ryan acts for a diverse range of clients, including developers, financial institutions, private equity funds and corporations on new developments, dispositions, financing, leasing and acquisitions. Clients look to him for his extensive experience in corporate real estate, where he has advised on key real estate components of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions involving retail, industrial, office, and mixed-use real estate, as well as solar and renewable energy developments.
- Advised a multinational food and drink processing corporation on the real estate component of the $4 billion sale of its ice cream business.
- Represented an institutional investor in the $236 million acquisition of an 18-story mixed-use development including retail, office and apartments located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $195 million construction loan to a national developer for a 51 story condominium located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Advised a Global 500 company on the real estate component of its $90 million acquisition of multiple pharmaceutical brands.
- Supported the representation of a renewable energy company in a joint venture to acquire two biomass power plants in Maine to expand its platform across North America.
- Advised a renewable energy company in its acquisition of a 50 megawatt biomass heat-and-power facility.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a majority equity stake a leading railroad real estate property management and servicing company in the US.
- Advised a Fortune 1000 company on the real estate component of its $375 million acquisition of a restaurant franchise.
- Advised a private equity fund on the real estate component of its acquisition of a leading owner and operator of a short-line freight railroad and rail-related business.
- North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society
- Clemson University, BA, magna cum laude
- Fordham University School of Law, JD
- New York
- North Carolina
Professional & Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association