Rose A. Lyn is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution and White Collar practices. Rose represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation matters. Rose assists US and multinational companies in conducting internal investigations and responding to government inquiries, including those from the Department of Justice and the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Rose was a judicial extern for the Honorable Erithe A. Smith of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. Rose also worked for the Criminal Justice Clinic, the Immigrant Rights Clinic, and the Start-up and Small Business Clinic at her law school.
Rose devotes significant time to her community and serves as Chair of Mayer Brown Black Lawyers (“MBBL”) in Los Angeles. She is also part of Mayer Brown’s Project Equity team in the Los Angeles office. Previously, Rose served as the Co-President of the Black Law Students Association.
Because of the sensitive nature of the matters Rose handles, most are non-public, but here are descriptions of some of her recent matters:
- Defending one of the world’s largest professional services companies in an ongoing government investigation related to alleged embezzlement, fraud, and corruption in Tanzania.
- Conducting an internal investigation in Saudi Arabia related to alleged corruption, conflict of interest, and other misconduct for one of the world’s largest engineering companies, an issuer on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Representing an oil and gas company in a cross-border DOJ public integrity investigation into potential domestic corruption, foreign corruption, and violations of the Foreign Agent Registration Act.
- Represented a China-based executive of a large California-based publicly traded company in connection with an FCPA investigation by the SEC and DOJ.
- Represented a major insurer in a DOJ criminal antitrust investigation.
University of California, Irvine School of Law, JD
Fordham University, BA, cum laude