Ellen Liu is an associate of JSM. Ellen has experience advising on PRC related general commercial and corporate matters, including foreign direct investment, establishment of commercial presence, shareholders disputes. Ellen also advises on PRC laws, policies and taxation, etc. in relation to regulatory compliance issues. She is experienced in drafting, reviewing and translating various legal documents. Ellen has participated in on-site due diligence exercises. Ellen speaks English and Mandarin.
- Assisted in the preparation of a Hong Kong legal advice in a case heard by the Supreme People's Court involving the extension of loans.
- Assisted a private petrochemical enterprise in defending a case in HKIAC proceedings and also assisted in the drafting of settlement papers;
- Assisted in the preparation of court documents for recognition and enforcement of a SIAC award in China;
- Assisted a few clients in responding to investigations initiated by public security authorities, customs authorities, administration of industry and tax authorities etc.;
- Assisted a leading financial information company in its company secretarial and regulatory work.
China University of Political Science and Law, LLB