Sylvia Leung is an associate in the Banking & Finance practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Sylvia focuses her practices on structured finance and international debt capital markets (including high-yield bonds and investment-grade bonds with different credit enhancement structures, convertible bonds and medium-term notes, etc.), as well as derivatives, retail and non-retail funds (including funds approved by the SFC), asset management, securitisation, debt restructuring, secured lending and complex cross-border financing. She has experience advising international and leading PRC financial institutions, trustees, listed and private corporate clients and asset management companies. She also regularly advises on banking and SFC regulatory matters. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Sylvia has practised in an top-tier international law firm focusing on structured finance and complex cross-border financing transactions.
- Advised banks and borrowers on a wide range of hedging and derivatives transactions
- Advised multiple branches of a leading PRC bank in Asia in the structuring of hedging transactions and collaterals as part of a syndicated project financing involving Vietnamese borrowers.
- Advised on Hong Kong regulatory matters in the merger of two sizable US-based securities groups involving entities across Europe, US and Asia and laws and regulations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on formation and termination of funds and on-going compliance matters under Hong Kong regulations.
- Advised asset management companies in Asia-pacific regions in the negotiation of prime brokerage agreements and global share repurchase agreements with leading international banks.
- Advised major financial institutions and investment banks on syndicated and structured finance transactions such as project financing, asset financing and real estate financing transactions.
- Advised a leading international bank as trustee, agents and collateral agent on new issuances of debt securities, exchange offers, on-going compliance matters and liability management.
- Advised China Construction Bank (Asia) as trustee, agents and collateral agent on new issuances of debt securities, exchange offers, on-going compliance matters and liability management.
- Advised a leading international bank as trustee on restructuring of debt securities and in default or potential default of bonds.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, JD
The University of Hong Kong, BA
- Hong Kong
- Certified Public Accountant, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants