Sylvia K. Y. Leung
Banking & Finance, Derivatives, Structured Finance
Sylvia Leung is an associate in the Banking and Finance practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Sylvia focuses on structured finance, securitisations, international debt capital markets (including high-yield bonds, investment-grade bonds, convertible bonds and medium-term notes), derivatives (including equity derivatives, credit derivatives and corporate derivatives), retail and non-retail funds, asset management, secured lending and complex cross-border financing. She also regularly advises on banking regulatory and SFC matters. She advises trustees, portfolio managers, institutional investors, leading PRC and international financial institutions, corporate borrowers and private clients. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Sylvia practised in an international law firm advising on structured finance and all types of financing structures.
- Advised banks and borrowers on a wide range of hedging and derivatives transactions
- Advised multiple branches of a leading PRC bank in Asia in the structuring of hedging transactions and collaterals as part of a syndicated project financing involving Vietnamese borrowers.
- Advised on Hong Kong regulatory matters in the merger of two sizable US-based securities groups involving entities across Europe, US and Asia and laws and regulations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on formation and termination of funds and on-going compliance matters under Hong Kong regulations.
- Advised asset management companies in Asia-pacific regions in the negotiation of prime brokerage agreements and global share repurchase agreements with leading international banks.
- Advised major financial institutions and investment banks on syndicated and structured finance transactions such as project financing, asset financing and real estate financing transactions.
- Advised a leading international bank as trustee, agents and collateral agent on new issuances of debt securities, exchange offers, on-going compliance matters and liability management.
- Advised China Construction Bank (Asia) as trustee, agents and collateral agent on new issuances of debt securities, exchange offers, on-going compliance matters and liability management.
- Advised a leading international bank as trustee on restructuring of debt securities and in default or potential default of bonds.
- Rising Star - Capital Markets : Structured Finance and Securitisation, Hong Kong – IFLR1000 (2023)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, JD
- The University of Hong Kong, BA
- Hong Kong
Professional & Community Involvement
- Certified Public Accountant, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants