Jason L. F. Leung
Construction & Engineering, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Electronic Discovery & Information Governance
Jason Leung is a partner in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown. He focuses on construction-related legal proceedings, including litigation and arbitration arising from domestic and international construction projects.
He has experience in legal matters relating to the construction engineering and real estate development industry in Hong Kong, Mainland China and overseas. Jason advises clients on legal issues at different stages of a project cycle, including preparation and negotiation of development agreements, construction contracts and construction professional consultancy agreements, public and private tendering and procurement exercise, project management practices, claims preparation and challenge, termination of contracts, final account disputes, defects, delay and enforcement of warranties.
Contentious Construction Matters
- Acting for an international construction joint venture in arbitration proceedings arising from a mega-infrastructure project in the Middle East with the amount of dispute in the tune of hundreds of million US dollars.
- Acting for a PRC-based developer in arbitration proceedings from the main contractor in relation to certain industrial building renovation works in the New Territories, Hong Kong.
- Acting for a developer and operator of data centre in Hong Kong in relation to termination of service agreement and related court proceedings.
- Acted for the Hong Kong SAR Government defending claims from main contractors in arbitration in relation to several major infrastructure, public utilities and roadwork projects in Hong Kong.
- Asia 40 under 40 – Asian Legal Business (2023)
- The University of Hong Kong, LLM, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- The University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Engineering, CivE-Law
- Hong Kong