Global corporates, including gaming entities (from Macau, Singapore, and the US), financial institutions, racing clubs, listed entities and their officers, and other private clients trust Vincent Law in commercial litigation matters, especially regarding regulatory investigations and major commercial disputes such as:
- Investigations by regulatory bodies (for listed companies, directors, financial institutions, and professional firms)
- Internal investigations relating to suspected bribery, money laundering, and other regulatory issues (for major corporations)
- Major shareholders and family disputes
- Insolvency litigation (for liquidators and trustees-in-bankruptcy)
- Gaming-related litigation (for gaming entities)
- Disciplinary proceedings and internal regulatory matters
Vincent speaks English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
Advised and represented:
- Financial institutions on various day-to-day regulatory and compliance issues in the context of banking regulations, personal data and other contentious matters.
- Global gaming corporates on regulatory issues and various litigation on enforcement of gaming credit both in Hong Kong and various Asian jurisdictions.
- Conglomerates on regulatory and white collar matters including investigations by law enforcement on alleged bribery, money laundering and trade descriptions.
- A global corporate in its internal investigation involving acts of employees in various jurisdictions committed over a number of years.
- The largest private club in Hong Kong on its disciplinary proceedings and internal regulatory matters.
- Two groups of Macau gaming corporates in defending substantial claims by an international law firm arising from a large scale embezzlement of its former partner.
- A real estate investment and management firm in defending various claims made by investors arising from a substantial development project in Mainland China.
- A listed utility company in a series of arbitrations and litigation arising from an acquisition in Mainland China.
- A professional firm in an investigation by the Competition Commission on alleged anti-competition conduct.
- A private client in relation to a nationwide college admission scandal in the United States.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong
- Member, Panel of the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance)
- Practising Solicitor Member, Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Panel
- Member, Hong Kong SAR Passports Appeal Board
- Panel Arbitrator, Shanghai Arbitration Commission
- Solicitor-advocate, Higher Rights of Audience (HRA) in respect of civil proceedings in Hong Kong by way of exemption from assessment
- Notary Public
- Future Star - Commercial and Transactions, Hong Kong - Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific
- Future Star - Commercial and Transactions (International Firms), Hong Kong - Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific