Vincent Law is a partner of Mayer Brown. Vincent is a commercial litigator focusing on regulatory investigations and major commercial disputes. Among his various engagements in the regulatory regime, he has advised listed companies, directors, financial institutions and professional firms in investigations by regulatory bodies. He has also advised major corporations on internal investigations relating to suspected bribery, money laundering and other regulatory issues. In his litigation practice he has advised in major shareholders and family disputes, acts for liquidators and trustees-in-bankruptcy in insolvency litigation, and regularly represents gaming entities in gaming-related litigation. Outside court he advises the largest private club in Hong Kong on its disciplinary proceedings and internal regulatory matters.
Vincent also handles arbitrations and is on the panel of arbitrators of the Shanghai Arbitration Commission.
Vincent is a solicitor-advocate who has been granted Higher Rights of Audience (HRA) in respect of civil proceedings in Hong Kong by way of exemption from assessment. Vincent is also a Notary Public.
Currently Vincent is a Member of the Panel of the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance), a Practising Solicitor Member of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Panel and a member of the Hong Kong SAR Passports Appeal Board.
Vincent’s regular clients include gaming entities (from Macau, Singapore and the US), insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, racing club, listed entities and their officers.
Vincent speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong
- Member, Panel of the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance)
- Practising Solicitor Member, Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Panel
- Member, Hong Kong SAR Passports Appeal Board
- Panel Arbitrator, Shanghai Arbitration Commission
- Future Star - Commercial and Transactions, Hong Kong - Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific (2019-2022)
- Future Star - Commercial and Transactions (International Firms), Hong Kong - Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific (2018)