Banking & Finance
Hervé Kensicher serves clients on transactional banking and finance work, including domestic and multi-jurisdictional property finance, structured finance, project finance and public utilities, performing and distressed debt portfolio disposals, and debt restructuring. He assists investors, borrowers, and lenders on the negotiation or renegotiation of their real estate loans. Hervé is a key counsel to providers, purchasers, and sellers of real estate debt.
In addition to his native French, Hervé is fluent in English and has a working knowledge of German.
- BentallGreenOak on the acquisition of Corelog’s portfolio of French logistics assets.
- BentallGreenOak in connection with the disposal of French assets out of a pan-European logistics assets portfolio.
- A real estate investment firm on its portfolio of logistics properties with a mortgage loan facility arranged by a French bank.
- The french subsidiary of an American real estate investment firm on behalf of a European fund on the extension of the maturity of an existing real estate loan that financed the acquisition of an office and retail property located in Paris.
- Hines SGP on the financing of the acquisition of the CBX tower, a 32-floor and 43,000-sqm office tower located in Courbevoie, in Paris-La-Défense, Europe’s largest business district.
- Hines, the international real estate fund and asset manager, on the financing by ING Bank of 11 logistics assets spanning 350,000 square meters across France on behalf of its Hines European Value Fund 2 (HEVF 2), from Auchan, the French multinational retail group.
- Hines France and fund manager Universal-Investment as asset managers for BVK-Highstreet Retail Europe-Immobilienfonds on the 15-year fixed-rate financing made available by three debt funds of insurer Allianz of the acquisition by BVK of a 5,500 sq. m. prime property located at 114 Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris and entirely let to Apple to become the European flagship Apple Store and the company’s French headquarters.
- Hines France, on behalf of Hines European Core Fund, in connection with the financing of the forward acquisition from Kaufman & Broad of a portfolio of 8 residential properties, totaling ca. 30,000 sq. m. and 500 apartments, to be developed in various locations in France and to be acquired and delivered over a period of 3 years.
- Maurel & Prom in the context of a term loan with Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd and eight other Asian lenders for the purposes of, inter alia, the refinancing its oil and gas operations in Gabon.
- Kalyan Hospitality Development Togo in connection with the negotiation of a new international management agreement with another international hotel operator and the restructuring of a loan made available by multiple African and foreign financial institutions for the “Hôtel 2 Février” in Lomé, Togo.
- Natixis on the €63M mortgage refinancing (including a €11M capex line) of a portfolio of 45 Comfort Inn, Ibis Styles, Kyriad, Mister Bed and Première Classe hotels located all over France on the occasion of its acquisition by Dalmata Hospitality from Blackstone.
- "Hervé Kensicher of Mayer Brown LLP advises investors and lenders on real estate finance mandates, as well as debt restructuring matters." - Chambers Global
- "Hervé Kensicher regularly advises both borrowers and lenders on matters relating to real estate finance. His expertise also covers securitisation and public authority financing." - Chambers Global
- "Hervé Kensicher […] focuses on the financial aspects of real estate. He assists clients with real estate debt matters, as well as with distressed portfolio issues, including refinancings." - Chambers Europe
- Université Paris XI Sud
- Indiana University Bloomington
- ISIT – Institut Supérieur d’Interprétariat et de Traduction
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the Strategic and Pedagogical Committees of the HEAD law school
- Lecturer in Banking Finance and Contracts at the HEAD law school