Rio Kamei acts for institutional investors, private equity firms and multinational corporations on various cross border transactions, including investments into private investment funds and direct investments into companies in various industries. Rio also has experience advising clients on cross border M&A. Being bilingual in both Japanese and English, Japanese clients turn to Rio for navigating the investment process and seek advice on all aspects of the transaction. Originally from the Firm’s Tokyo office, he is currently based at the New York office.
- Advised the private equity fund of a Japanese financial institution in relation to numerous venture capital investments.
- Advised a Japanese governmental finance company in relation to numerous fund investments.
- Advised a global real estate company in connection with the formation and negotiations with investors in an Asian REIT.
- Assisted various Japanese institutional investors in their investments in overseas funds.
- Advised a Japanese trading house in its formation of a joint venture with a Japanese food company and the acquisition by the joint venture of a US based food manufacturer.
- Advised a Japanese manufacturer in the carve out and sale of a business unit to a US based global manufacturer.
- Advised a Japanese company on the establishment of numerous US subsidiaries and the formation of US fund vehicles.
University of Arizona, JD
Doshisha University, LLB
- New York
- Not admitted in Japan