Rio Kamei is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Tokyo office and focuses on a wide variety of cross-border transactions including funds, fund formation and other corporate matters. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Rio worked at another international law firm in Tokyo.
- Advised the private equity fund of a Japanese financial institution in relation to numerous venture capital investments.
- Advised a Japanese governmental finance company in relation to numerous fund investments.
- Advised a global real estate company in connection with the formation and negotiations with investors in an Asian REIT.
- Assisted various Japanese institutional investors in their investments in overseas funds.
- Advised a Japanese trading house in its formation of a joint venture with a Japanese food company and the acquisition by the joint venture of a US based food manufacturer.
- Advised a Japanese manufacturer in the carve out and sale of a business unit to a US based global manufacturer.
- Advised a Japanese company on the establishment of numerous US subsidiaries and the formation of US fund vehicles.
University of Arizona, JD
Doshisha University, LLB
- New York
- Not admitted in Japan