Peter Jordan leads clients and trial teams through strategic, high-value disputes in federal and state courts throughout the United States, as well as arbitrations in the U.S. and abroad. The former head of global litigation for Huntsman Corporation, a leading international chemical company headquartered in Texas, Peter leans on his client-side experience and business savvy to deliver his clients results that are tailored to their broader commercial objectives.
Peter's practice as a complex commercial litigator has spanned a variety of industries, from the technology and chemicals sectors to the securities, insurance, and intellectual property spaces. Representing both plaintiffs and defendants, Peter has guided clients through disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, joint venture break-ups, data theft and theft of trade secrets, antitrust claims, CGL coverage issues, environmental claims, embezzlement, non-compete agreements, class actions, and other commercial matters.
In his prior role as Associate General Counsel at Huntsman, Peter led the litigation and compliance functions, which included managing a docket of several hundred cases and disputes. Huntsman secured nearly $800 million in arbitration and jury trial results during Peter's time with the company. On the compliance side, Peter helped coordinate the development and deployment of a full suite of corporate policies and training and oversaw internal investigations company-wide.
Licensed in both Texas and California, Peter previously practiced for nearly a decade in the Los Angeles office of another global law firm litigating a wide range of cases.
- Trial counsel for leading internet technology company in licensing and data valuation arbitration following dissolution of joint venture where client's former JV partner sought in excess of $100 million.
- Trial counsel on team that obtained directed verdict in multimillion-dollar insurance dispute after three years of federal litigation.
- Represented automotive technology companies prosecuting claims in federal court under Defense of Trade Secrets Act and Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Represented leading flooring manufacturer and importer in fraud, embezzlement, and misappropriation lawsuit against company's former U.S. CEO.
- Defended leading commercial general liability insurer in multiple cases where competing carriers brought dozens of "bundled" claims seeking millions of dollars in contribution.
- Drafted petition for certiorari to Supreme Court of the United States, leading Supreme Court to issue a grant, vacate, and remand order in client's favor.
- Advised global technology company on feasibility of acquiring multibillion-dollar memory business.
- Defended leading insurance carrier against claims of bad faith coverage practices under commercial general liability policies.
- Negotiated favorable settlement with quasi-governmental entity in housing discrimination lawsuit.
- While in-house counsel, supported arbitration and trial victories totaling nearly $800 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
- While in-house counsel, served as lead negotiator in countless mediations and settlement negotiations for matters ranging from breach of contract, fraud, and non-compete disputes to personal injury, wrongful death, discrimination, and employment claims.
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, JD
Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review; St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
The University of Texas at Austin, BA
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Southern California Rising Star - Super Lawyers Magazine