Michael Jaeger represents clients in class actions and complex litigation in state and federal courts across the country, with a particular emphasis on privacy and consumer protection defense. Clients turn to Michael for advice on claims brought under the California Consumer Privacy Act, the California Invasion of Privacy Act, Illinois’ Biometric Information Privacy Act, Florida’s Security of Communications Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, California’s Unfair Competition Law, California’s Consumers Legal Remedies Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act, among others.
Companies leverage Michael’s significant experience with business disputes and related litigation, including in the areas of COVID-19 liability, sports and entertainment, false advertising, product liability, labor and employment, RICO, construction defect, ERISA, and franchising.
Clients also seek Michael’s counsel on compliance and litigation avoidance in the areas of privacy and data protection, online terms and conditions, arbitration provisions, class action waivers, and automatic renewal/continuing subscription programs., He is the author of Practical Law’s guidance on state automatic renewal laws, and is a part of the Uniform Law Commission’s Recurring Service Charges Drafting Committee.
Prior to practicing law, Michael was a director, working in various capacities on and off Broadway, on national tours and in Los Angeles. He also co-wrote the feature film The Best and the Brightest (starring Neil Patrick Harris), directed the two-season, 24-episode web series Stuck, and directed and produced live corporate events.
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, JD, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Sayre MacNeil Scholar
Yale University, BA, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, double major with distinction
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- Author of Practical Law’s guidance on state automatic renewal laws
- Part of the Uniform Law Commission’s Recurring Service Charges Drafting Committee
- Writes and presents on risk management and liability issues related to autonomous vehicles