Admitted to the Paris Bar, Stéphane Joly is an associate in the Banking & Finance team of the Paris office.
Stéphane assists investors, borrowers and lenders on international asset and project finance transactions. He has experience in advising on structured finance and real estate finance matters.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Stéphane trained with other international law firms in Paris, and has worked in the power, infrastructure and natural resources sectors in Europe and Africa.
In addition to his native French, Stéphane is fluent in English.
- Advising Hines on the €169m financing by ING Bank of the €287m sale and leaseback acquisition by the HEVF 2 fund (Hines European Value Fund 2) of the “Optimus” portfolio of 11 logistics platforms totalling 350,000-sqm, sold and taken on lease by Auchan (July 2021).
- Advising Hines France for the account of the HECF fund (Hines European Core Fund) on the financing, by means of an 8-year €50.6m credit facility arranged by BNP Paribas, of the forward acquisition from Kaufman & Broad of a portfolio of 8 residential properties (totalling nearly 30,000-sqm and 500 apartments) to be developed in various metropolitan locations in France and to be acquired and delivered over a period of 3 years.
- Advising Hines France on the extension of the maturity and the modification of the terms of a €134.6m mortgage loan granted by Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG for the financing of the acquisition of the “Workstation” office property located in Courbevoie.
- Advising BNP Paribas and Bank of America Europe DAC on the €335.4m refinancing of a pan-European portfolio of 61 logistic properties (including 31 properties located in France) held by a Blackstone’s fund, in part by means of senior debt securitized through a CMBS transaction arranged by BNP Paribas and in part by means of mezzanine debt provided by Bank of America Europe DAC.
- Advising Natixis as lender and agent for the modification of several distinct syndicated mortgage lending transactions in the hotel sector and the arrangement in favour of the borrowing entities of PGEs (State-guaranteed loans related to the Covid-19 crisis) required to function in a coordinated fashion with the existing mortgage loans.
- Advising Hines France on the extension of the maturity and the modification of the terms of a €20.5m mortgage loan entered into with Deutsche Hypo for the financing of the acquisition of a retail property located at 28 place de la Madeleine in Paris.
- Advising the Republic of Benin on the development of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import floating terminal and the supply of up to 0.5 million tonnes per annum of regasified LNG to the country.
- Advising BentallGreenOak in connection with the disposal of French assets out of a pan-European logistics assets portfolio.
- Advising Hines SGP on the €282m mortgage financing by ING Bank N.V. of the acquisition of the CBX tower, a 32-floor and 43,000-sqm office tower located in Courbevoie, in Paris-La-Défense, Europe’s largest business district.
- Advising BentallGreenOak on the financing of the acquisition of Corelog’s portfolio of French logistics assets.
- Advising a French bank (as arranger, bookrunner, lender, agent and hedging bank) on the €78.8m mortgage refinancing of the existing external financial indebtedness of the Dutch entity holding the perpetual leasehold over the “VEN Amsterdam” hotel, casino, aparthotel, office and retail property complex located in Amsterdam on the occasion of its acquisition by Westmont Hospitality and Elliott Management Corporation.
- Advising Natixis on the €100m mortgage financing of the acquisition and renovation by Stam Europe (acting for German investors) of a portfolio of residential properties in certain districts of Paris and certain of its western suburbs.
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Master 2 General Private Law
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Master 1 Comparative Law (French/English)
University of Oxford, Diploma in Legal Studies