Impressed clients note his "excellent client service, with a healthy dose of pragmatism."Chambers USA
Jonathan Jaffe is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Palo Alto office and a member of the Consumer Financial Services group. He works with banks, savings associations, mortgage bankers and brokers, consumer and commercial finance lenders, real estate professionals and e-commerce companies. He advises clients on general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate, consumer and commercial lending and secured transactions. He also counsels clients on matters involving e-commerce and electronic delivery of financial services.
Jonathan is a frequent lecturer at seminars and conferences sponsored by financial services trade associations and has written articles for a number of publications on the legal aspects of lending and the Internet. He is the author of the California chapter in the Western Region Volume of Residential Mortgage Lending: State Regulation Manual published by Clark Boardman Callaghan, and is the co-author of State Regulation of Second Mortgages and Home Equity Loans published by A.S. Pratt and Sons, a treatise on the second mortgage lending laws of all 50 states.
University of San Diego School of Law, JD
University of Pittsburgh, BA
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- American College of Consumer Financial Service Lawyers Fellow
- American Bar Association: Member of the Business and Real Estate Sections; Member of the Cyber Committee and Consumer Financial Services Committee (Former Chair of Preemption and Federalism Subcommittee)
- California Mortgage Bankers Association: Member and former Chairperson of the Legal Services Committee; Member of the Legislative Committee; Past member of the Commercial Real Estate Committee
- California Trustees Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America: Member and former Chairperson of the Legal Issues Committee; Member of the Regulatory Compliance Committee; Past Member of the Legislative Committee
- State Bar of California: Member of the Business and Real Estate Sections; Member of the Financial Institutions Committee (1996-1999 term); Member of the Consumer Financial Services Committee (1999-2002 term)